Name: GAO Qian
Address: 58 Haishu Rd, Cangqian, Yuhang District
Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, 311121 China
Phone number: 0571-28868076
Ph.D., Translation Studies, Nankai University, 2010
M.A., English Language & Literature, Shanxi University, 2007
B.A., English, Taiyuan University of Science and Technology, 2004
My research and teaching focus on contemporary western translation theories, applied translation theories and translation education as well as empirical research in Translation Studies
1. Terminology Course as Contributing to a Teaching Model for Translation as a Major, published in Foreign Languages and Their Teaching, 2008(10).
2. Smashing the Shackle of Rationalism and Embracing the Bosom of Humanism---Interview of Douglas Robinson, published in Chinese Translators Journal, 2009(2).
3. On Constructing a Specific Course for Master of Translation and Interpreting---The Philosophy and Content of Technical Writing, published in Chinese Translators Journal, 2010(2).
4. On the Origin of the Leipzig School and Its Contributions, Foreign Philology, 2010 (4).
5. An Allegorical Re-interpretation of Benjamin’s Conception of Translation, Chinese Translators Journal, 2012 (2).
6. Translation Studies is Confronting Challenges: An Introduction and Evaluation of Why Translation Studies Matters, English Teachers, 2012 (4).
7. An Analysis of Back-translating China-related Literature—A Case Study of Translating The Preindustrial City: Past and Present, Journal of Shanxi Agricultural University (Social Science Edition), 2014 (4).
8. Rethinking the Distinction between Walter Benjamin’s and Derrida’s Translation Theory, Chinese Translators Journal, 2014 (3).
UNDERGRADUATE COURSES: Translation Theory and Practice II & III, Comprehensive English I & II, Culture & Media, Media Discourse.